In cases of fire, DO NOT RISK YOUR LIFE NEEDLESSLY!
- Activate the fire alarm, if present.
- Call emergency services – 911.
- Evacuate the area, using caution.
- Keep doors and windows closed.
- Do not run and cause panic.
- In order to avoid breathing in smoke/fumes, cover your face with a wet cloth if possible. Then stay low to the ground, preferably crawling until you exit building.
- Keep an open escape route between you and the fire.
- Remain outside until authorities announce that it is safe to re-enter the building.
ONCE IT HAS BEEN EXTINGUISHED FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES:
- Secure the building – ensure that each unit is checked and secured.
- Check with supervisor to determine if area should be monitored to prevent entrance/vandalism.