WHEN A TORNADO WARNING IS ISSUED BY SIRENS OR OTHER MEANS, SEEK SHELTER INSIDE.
Tornadoes can strike quickly and unexpectedly, leaving tremendous damage in their wake. Plan ahead of time the location(s) where employees can go to seek shelter during a tornado warning so that everyone is prepared in times of crisis.
Possible shelter options:
- Small interior room(s) on the lowest floor and without windows.
- Hallways on the lowest floor away from doors and windows.
- Rooms constructed with reinforced concrete, brick or block with no windows.
- Stay away from outside walls and windows
- Use arms to protect head and neck.
- Remain sheltered until the threat is announced to be over.